Mould, sculpt and create with our Bird Cake Mix!
Our bird cake mix is not only highly-nutritious and filling for our feathered friends, it is also a fun and creative activity for all to get involved in! - The perfect half-term activity to keep your little ones busy while providing for nature.
They are bound to love getting stuck in with some messy, cake fun.
Its as easy as making a cake – literally!
- Simply melt down 30g of beef or lamb fat in a saucepan. (or for a vegan choice coconut oil can be used!)
- Add the cake mix to absorb most of the fat.
- Pour the mix into cupcake cases or a mould of your choice (if too much fat appears on top add more mix)
TOP TIP! Add a piece of string or ribbon into the cupcake case before filling for quick and easy hanging.
- Allow the mixture to cool a little bit before adding your toppings! Then get busy throwing all the treats and sweets on – get creative!
- Allow the mixture to cool fully in the fridge
- Remove from the mould and hang or display it outside and watch the birds flock for their treat.
With a wide choice of toppings to choose from; dried fruits, berries, sunflower seeds or even wiggly mealworms! The kids are bound to love getting stuck in and making yummy treats! (Note: if wishing to add peanuts to your cupcake, please crush before adding as whole peanuts are a choking hazard to smaller garden birds).